|SHIRE seeks to promote and implement effective and sustainable strategies to eliminate racial and ethnic health disparities and to help communities galvanize to improve health care access, quality and outcomes
SHIRE works with communities, government agencies, corporations, foundations and other institutions to achieve its mission by:
- Convening and engaging people of color and other individuals to take collective action
- Informing public policy decision makers on strategies to eliminate health disparities
- Raising awareness of policy implications for communities of color
- Serving as a trusted source of information
- Providing technical assistance and consulting services to allied organizations.